The key to this list is doing these things on a DAILY basis. Now I know some of you will think I’m crazy for thinking you can do all of this every day. So don’t. Start small and start with conquering a few. Add in more as you can and assign some of these to family members if they’re willing to help out.
- Make all beds.
- Put away the remote controls or Wii gaming parts and pieces.
- Clear the kitchen countertops of food and dirty dishes. Just keeping on top of clean and dirty dishes will make a huge difference in the kitchen.
- Put stray pens and pencils in a pencil cup. If you don’t have a pencil cup, use a mug from the kitchen.
- Push in the chairs and stools in the kitchen or dining room.
- Gather all paper and mail into a decorative basket in your office or on your credenza.
- Take out the recycling and trash. Bottles and bags sitting around make for a cluttered mudroom or kitchen.
- Hang up purses and coats instead of using the back of chairs or the kitchen table.
- Use one basket to collect hair products in the bathroom and one pouch or basket to collect makeup. After your morning routine, return the items into their “home.”
- Hang up and put away clothes on a daily basis.
How many of these tasks have you done today?
Photo © gvictoria / depositphotos