Someone on Facebook recently asked me a great question about their lazy susan kitchen cabinets. They asked, “How would you keep your lazy susan cabinets organized in the kitchen? Any tips?” I love that the question is so specific. It can be answered in a variety of ways, so I’ll do my best to offer lots of ideas.
If the cabinets are low:
- I’d store small appliances or heavier items because it will allow for easier retrieval.
- Consider casserole dishes or serving pieces that can nest.
- If these cabinets must hold small items, definitely containerize the items to prevent them from spilling all over as it spins. I use plastic ventilated baskets for spices on my lazy susan.
If the cabinets are above:
- Spin lighter items depending on how much height space you have. Mine hold cereal boxes, pancake mix and oatmeal.
- Sauces, oils, vinegars and syrups are also ideal and easy to grab while cooking at the stove.
Other things to keep in mind:
- Where are your lazy susan cabinets positioned in the kitchen?
- What would be ideal to store on them, based on their position?
- How often do you use those cabinets?
The answers to those three questions will determine what you want to store there. The biggest “no no’s” for lazy susans are Tupperware and leftover containers.
Do you have a lazy susan cabinet in your kitchen? What do you keep on yours?