Making Decisions Easily
Author Donna Smallin gives us this helpful list in her book Organizing Plain & Simple. Donna Smallin is one of my favorite organizing authors. I’ve read several of her books. They are practical, an easy read, and simple to understand.
- Have I used this item in the past year?
- Has anyone else in my home used it in the past year?
- Do I have a definite use for this in the foreseeable future?
- If it’s broken , is it worth my energy and time and money to fix it?
- Does this item serve a worthwhile purpose in my life?
- Do I need to keep it for legal or tax purposes?
- Is it more important to me to keep this item that to have the space it occupies? (my favorite)
- Do I love it?
- Does someone in my house should love it?
- Would it be difficult or expensive for me to get another one?