July

7 Ways to Create Extra Time to Exercise

1. exercisePrep lunch food on Sundays for the week, so assembling lunches during the week takes less than a minute. Create an organized lunch shelf in your pantry and your refrigerator so it’s grab and go during the week.
  2. Lay out your outfit the night before, so you save minutes in the morning getting ready. Simply check the weather on your phone the night before and pick out your clothes before heading to bed.
  3. Pick a gym in a location close to work or home. There’s nothing worse than spending 20-30 minutes driving to do a workout. If the gym isn’t within 10 minutes from your house or work, you’re at the wrong gym.
  4. If you’re working out at the end of a work day, don’t un-silence your phone until after you’ve hit the gym. Return personal calls or texts after the gym. Sometimes we never make it to the gym after work because we are putting out fires from messages or texts coming in all day. Reward yourself by “getting your phone back” after you work out.
  5. Limit errands to one night a week after work. This will help create time and ease guilt for the rest of the weeknights.
  6. If you’re on the fence to skip the gym or go workout, ask yourself if your “to do” or errands can wait. If they are not hundred percent crucial and viable and time sensitive, prioritize your workout first.
  7. Pick a gym that has kids programs so you can work out while your kids are taken care of. If you make the trip to the gym a family event, you will be sure to make your cardio session at least once or twice a week. You are also being an example to your children, teaching them that you as a mom or dad or family want to be a healthy family.

Photo © fotomirceadepositphotos

This entry was posted in General Organizing, Personal Thoughts and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to 7 Ways to Create Extra Time to Exercise

1. Naveen Verma
    Twitter:
    says:

Great Post !
    My gym is at a 20 min drive from home, but i have no other option!

2. Regina says:

I would also say working out at home can save time because you don’t have to make a special trip to the gym. I use a 30 minute workout and it’s easier for me than doing a trip to the gym.

3. Elliot says:

I love the simplicity of this list. The problem is, many people make tons of excuses about why they can’t exercise. What’s funny is that they seem to find time for things that add no value to their lives, such as drinking or smoking.

Exercise, if you haven’t done it at all, is going to be hard. I think that is what drives most people away. But if they could only do the simple things like you mentioned, it would probably be a good start.

4. Justin says:

Great list amber, another one is to minimize your time watching tv or going on the internet. I think social media sites like Facebook and Twitter take up a lot of people’s time. It’s absoutely shocking the amount of time people spend on their phones these days. 🙂

5. James
    Twitter:
    says:

Very useful tips that may help, but I think strong decision is the most important. If somebody wants to workout, he is going to workout. I work a lot, having two small kids and I always have time to workout. However, I never watch TV. 🙂

6. Remy says:

Very helpful tips but what bothers me so much as is not the time but the mind to do exercise ,But its very helpful cause getting time out of the busy life is truly remarkable.Thanks

7. Mia
    Twitter:
    says:

Productive tips to create extra time to Exercise, If somebody wants to workout, he is going to workout otherwise he or she will do some worthless thing in that created extra time 😀

8. Kyle
    Twitter:
    says:

Great advice, especially the part about preparing your food on Sunday night for the week. I find that getting all my groceries done and my fridge stocked on Sunday helps me eat better, which in turn gives me more energy to workout.

9. Andy says:

In our day to day activities it is very tough to find out gap for exercising but its essential for everyone to do at least 15 minutes workout in a day. I hope this wonderful post and tips would be handful to create extra time for exercising. Thanks